Our society was founded in 1952 to bring together people of every background and all ages from the local area who have an interest in the cultivation of allotments and gardens.
Many of our members live locally or have an allotment at Pippenhall Farm on the Bexley Road where we have a shop that is open every Sunday morning selling a wide variety of garden related products at discount prices.
1. To promote the interests of allotment holders and gardeners and to encourage good
cultivation of allotments and gardens by obtaining for members specialized advice
when required and providing good quality fertilizers, tools etc at reasonable prices.
2. To co-operate with any committee set up by the government, local authority or other
body to further the interests of allotment holders, gardeners and horticulture generally.
The Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society.
The cost is £4 per annum (Senior Citizens £2), payable in advance.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. The purchase of garden requirements at special rates on production of membership card
at Pippenhall Allotments, Bexley Road, Eltham.
2. The issue of a periodic bulletin or news sheet to keep you up to date with local gardening
news and other matters of interest.
3. The use of the Society’s tickets for the National Shows and the RHS Gardens at Wisley,
4. The obtaining of special advice, if necessary, on gardening problems.
5. To take part in any lecture, demonstration or outing of the Society.
6. To enter in the Society’s shows.
7. To use or hire for a small charge the societies equipment at Pippenhall allotments at the users own risk as advised on the EAHGS website.
The allotment shop at Pippenhall is now open every Sunday morning between 10am and midday.
Seed potato orders for early 2019 delivery can be placed from Sunday 28th October until Sunday 25th November 2018.
The shop will be closed after the 25th November 2018 for the winter break.
New products now available, see shop page for more details
Our 65th Annual show was a great success in September. Please click here for more details on the show and a selection of pictures of the event.
Please could all tenants make sure the gate is always shut fully after entering or exiting the site and not to let anyone on site who does not have a key for the gate. There have been a number of instances of theft and sheds being broken into in recent weeks and we would ask tenants to report any suspicious activity to both the police and Greenwich council parks and open spaces department.
Please note that Violet Farm multipurpose compost is no longer available due to the change in peat regulations. We now stock the Rosedale premium professional brand multipurpose compost at £5.25 for a 60 litre bag
Click here for more details
The Pippenhall allotment shop is now open every Sunday morning until further notice between 10.00am and midday
Available to download here soon
One of our members has experimented with growing potatoes in bags over the last two years. Read about his experience and advice to other container growers here
The 65th annual show will place on the 9th September 2017, further details to follow. The show report for 2016 and a list of trophy winners can be found here. Photos of the 2016 event can be found here
One of the tenants at Pippenhall has recently started a Pippenhall allotment blog. Have a look for yourself and register if you would like to contribute to this community. Click here to visit the blog
We regret that the strimmer is no longer available for hire.
Eltham and Avery Hill Gardens Society
London SE9 2PE
(please do not use this address for correspondence)