Our society was founded in 1952 to bring together people of every background and all ages from the local area who have an interest in the cultivation of allotments and gardens.
Many of our members live locally or have an allotment at Pippenhall Farm on the Bexley Road where we have a shop that is open every Sunday morning selling a wide variety of garden related products at discount prices.
1. To promote the interests of allotment holders and gardeners and to encourage good
cultivation of allotments and gardens by obtaining for members specialized advice
when required and providing good quality fertilizers, tools etc at reasonable prices.
2. To co-operate with any committee set up by the government, local authority or other
body to further the interests of allotment holders, gardeners and horticulture generally.
The Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society.
The cost of membership is £5 per annum (Senior Citizens £3), payable in
advance. Membership now runs from 1 October to 30 September but new members
are welcome to join at any time. The easiest way to join (or renew
membership) is in person at the shop at Pippenhall Allotments (Bexley Road)
on a Sunday morning. Alternatively contact the Membership Secretary –
email@example.com – or use the contact form on this website
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. The purchase of garden requirements at special rates on production of membership card
at Pippenhall Allotments, Bexley Road, Eltham.
2. The issue of a newsletter to keep you up to date with local gardening
news and other matters of interest.
3. The use of the Society’s tickets for the National Shows and the RHS Gardens at Wisley,
4. The obtaining of special advice, if necessary, on gardening problems.
5. To take part in any lecture, demonstration or outing of the Society.
6. To enter in the Society’s shows.
The allotment shop at Pippenhall is now closed for the winter break reopening in early February 2024.
One of our members has experimented with growing potatoes in bags over the last two years. Read about his experience and advice to other container growers here
One of the tenants at Pippenhall has recently started a Pippenhall allotment blog. Have a look for yourself and register if you would like to contribute to this community. Click here to visit the blog
Eltham and Avery Hill Gardens Society
London SE9 2PE
(please do not use this address for correspondence)